Okay, so we’re not technically in New York, but the point still stands. Our new website has launched. It’s live at www.bingewithme.com, this very here website. You must have clicked on something or someone spammed you with a link because you’re reading this now. Welcome!
So why Binge With Me?
Television has boomed. And with so many places to watch, and so many shows, it’s all rather tricky. That’s where we come in, to sort out the chaff from the wheat. Wait, is that the other way round?
We know there’s a number of sites that cover this stuff, but we want to do it a little different.
Firstly, we’re all about TV. If it’s not related to television, we don’t want to look at it. If it’s film, games, or anything like that – that’s for our hobbies on the side. We’re married to TV, our forever love. The one we always go home to at the end of a hard work day. Too creepy?
Instead of reviewing episode by episode (AKA recaps), we want to review seasons as a whole. To inform you of our overall feelings on a show. Of course we’ll dig into the first episode of any new season to give our impressions. We can’t help it if it’s new and shiny!
And we’ll write features delving into particular shows or show tropes. There’ll be the occasional list, but we promise not to do much of that. We’re not Buzzfeed.
Right now, I’m a one man operation but I am looking for contributors.
- x2 Writers
- x1 Comic strip artist
If you’re mad about TV, like to watch the latest new thing, and can string together sentences, I’d like to hear from you. Email me a sample post at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right now, these our unpaid positions, but as our site grows I want to pay our writers and creators for their efforts. It’s only fair.
What can I do?
So, what if you don’t want to join as a creator but still want to help us out? Well, here’s some options for ya.
- Read our work. There’s a whole bunch of articles already up, covering new and forthcoming shows.
- Share an article you like, or simply share the site with your friends.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page there should be a big ol’ box you can chuck your email in. We promise not to spam you. It’s just a weekly newsletter featuring links to our new articles and anything new going on. In fact, we’ll keep it basic and go straight Plain Text.
- Give us the old Facebook thumb. That’s a euphemism if ever I heard one.
- Stalk us on Twitter. Yes, it’s @bingewithus, some enterprising person has already nabbed @bingewithme. Well played, sir.
- Become a patron. To make this a sustainable enterprise we need supporters willing to chip in at least $1 a month. If you have a buck to spare please hop over to our Patreon page. Already, there’s a bunch of rewards for patrons and more rewards will be introduced over time.
So that’s it. Enjoy your stay and happy binge-watching.